Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 04:15 AM   #223
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I'd like to know from Vic if he did think, as I did, that the 5 came in second. If so, then the DQ would only have moved up the favorite to 3rd.
This was just a crazy scenario, of a blanket finish for second as well as a steward inquiry.

As to your point, is there any question that a 10/1 longshot will get less attention from the stewards if he's bumped in the stretch than a 2/1 favorite? Those forgotten longshots, and there are many, wouldn't even enter the research sample of DQ-ed horses.

The arbitrary nature of DQ's is not acceptable, to me, in the modern age. How hard could it be to write a program to mathematically establish speed, power of impact/bump, and so on, with precise calculation of the amount of hindrance and effect on the final result. There is nothing in there that can't be measured scientifically and entered into a program.
# 5 finished 2nd. The heavy favorite #4 finished 3rd. # 5 was disqualified from 2nd and placed 3rd for bumping #4 costing him an opportunity at a better placing.

As for the odds. I can tell you from experience in most cases the stewards have no idea what odds each horse is. They are horses, numbers and jockeys. Nothing else. On the times they are aware of the odds which happens sometimes. 4/5, 5-2, 5-1, 50-1 is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Many will not buy that. I promise you it is true.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)