Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #267
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Of course he has the authority, but because you can do something it is not always the best idea to do it.

Trump had the power to fire Comey, but look what happened as a result of Trump exercising his Constitutional power. We now have an investigation about Comey's firing. For this reason Trump should not exercise his authority to declassify the material, on his own.

The dems are hoping for an obstruction of justice charge, but that will never happen. Rosenstein wrote the recommendation to fire Comey, based on grounds for termination. Per Rosenstein, Comey was fired for cause and not to obstruct justice. There is no case for obstruction, based on Rosenstein's recommendation and the President exercising his Constitutional authority.
'scuse me but I'm not following your logic. What does obstruction of justice have to do with declassifying material? Only part of my tongue was in my cheek when I said Trump could appeal to Obama's touted "ideal" ( ) of transparency in government. (Nothing like throwing the cow dung right back at your opponents!). Trump can easily portray himself as the knight in shining armor (just by his actions and a few words) because he's out to save the precious Constitution that the Dems love so much by shining the bright light of truth on this sordid affair. And the real megabytes of irony here is that the Obama Administration is the number one culprit behind all this because Obama was terrified of the prospects of a Trump presidential victory since that would give Trump access to very secret and/or classified documents that Obama never wanted anyone in the opposition party to see, most especially the Swamp Cleaner! This is the real reason (I strongly believe) behind all the fake charges against Trump.

By the way, I would heartily recommend that you (and everyone else with an open mind) listen to the vid of Dan Bongino that DaveW posted here a few days ago. Bongino does an excellent job of laying all this out with timelines, motives, the roles of the characters, etc. But it is complicated. It's complicated because Obama and Friends went into panic mode after the election because they needed desperately to cover their butts on quite a bit of foreign affairs and policies stuff. The last thing they dreamed was that someone like Trump would actually have access to secret and/or classified materials that would expose their corruption!

Trump right now is sitting tall in the cat-bird seat. He's literally in the command chair of the ship. If he plays his cards right, he can use the mighty guns on his battleship to do more than a little damage to the Dems. And they know it! He's not only the guy with the finger on the button, but his hands and eyes are also in very secret files. Obama Files!

Bongino at one point of his presentation basically ask this dual question (to paraphrase). The question has to do with how classified data is kept and where it is kept, and how highly classified material is compartmentalized etc. The question he asks is this:

Is the material at the White House because it is classified OR was the material designated as classified to keep it hidden in the White House? (Yes, some classified materials are actually kept at the White House.) HINT: The trip that Nunez took to the WH to see Trump (and very likely much more than just Trump) was a huge turning point in the Trump coups attempt because you might recall that right after that visit is when Nunez revealed that the whole Russian collusion narrative was phony and that there was a lot more going on than this.

Anyhow...I have already digressed too much. Back on point. Trump at some point needs to take control of his own destiny and destroy the pirates who are trying to sink his ship. As president, it is fully within his power to release what he wants. I'm not suggesting that he do this nilly-willy but that he should surround himself with some very sharp advisors and lawyers to help him sort all this complicated mess out. And then drop bombs strategically. Hopefully, Trump is beginning to understand that the real enemies of America are within our borders, and that we've been actually fighting a "civil war" for decades -- that has now only come to a head because Trump was never supposed to have been elected President of the United States and be in the position to unearth more than a few very dirty secrets about Obama and Hillary.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-04-2018 at 04:05 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)