Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 02:46 PM   #31
Johnny V

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
I think my first DRF purchase was $1.35. Back then and for a number of years as a regular buyer of their product they had a lot more than just the PPs in them. Charts for one were, and are, an invaluable handicapping tool , now I cannot remember the last time I saw a chart in a DRF.

Daily workouts were a staple as well. Again, cannot remember the last time I saw them in a print edition. Stakes nominations were something I liked to clip and incorporate as well. Gone too.

Of course all of this is available on-line now, if you look for it, but it was nice having it already printed for you.

One thing I can't remember was how many tracks were in the $1.35 version, probably just a couple back then so while some of the content has disappeared the number of tracks with PPs has surely increased.

As far as DRF Bets goes I've tried their wagering platform and just didn't like it, especially mobile. Too cumbersome. The "free" DRFs are nice but I found myself always having to check my wagers to make sure they were crediting me properly and they hardly ever did. It was almost as if it wasn't an automated process but rather someone sitting at a keyboard updating my rewards account. Bait and switch somewhat applies here, don't need that hassle.
I remember when it was the Morning Telegraph on the east coast and they used to print the Stewards rulings about fines and suspensions given out to people in the backstretch for violations they incurred like smoking in the shed row and such. The writing in the articles was top notch. It came in two sections and some guys would just throw the first half away and keep the second half which had the past performances.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)