Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
rvaccha

Question KY Derby 2011 -tickets and travel question

Hi friends,

I am planning to go to the Kentucky Derby on May 7, 2011. I have never been before and am a Horse Racing enthusiast.

This will be my first trip. I am planing to visit alone but that's fine, better to go alone than not to go! I will be travelling from Houston, TX by flight.

Can someone please guide me on two points:

1) Derby tickets - I am looking to get ONE ticket in a section where I can VIEW the racetrack (live, not screen) and if possible sit, otherwise standing is ok. I do NOT want to spend $500 but upto ~$100 or so is ok. Of course, I can go lower!

I will be renting a car but do not see myself getting to the track very early to secure an infield spot. Furthermore, as I am going alone, a standing spot is no good once I take a bathroom break!

2) Hotels - I have found some hotels in LEXINGTON, KY. Of course Louisville is sold out. Is that reasonably close and a decent drive, or should I look elsewhere? I plan to rent a car, unless the hotel has a shuttle service....I can stay anywhere, so if you suggest another location please tell me

Thanks so much for your help,
Rajesh
rvaccha is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)