Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 12:39 AM   #73
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I am not nearly as fanatical about the betting action as you seem to be...but even I notice cases where the flow of money flatly contradicts what the past performance data seem to indicate. And painful experience has taught me that this conspicuous contradiction of handicapping "logic" can be ignored only to the financial detriment of the studious bettor. This is indeed an "insiders' game"...and the value-seeking bettor walks a fine line between "real value" and 'fool's gold', when he assesses his wagering opportunities. The pursuit of "value" in this game isn't as clear-cut as we sometimes make it out to be.
Hard learned lesson. If you think your horse looks 10-1 on paper, is 10-1, but you think should be 4-1, bet away. If you think your horse looks 4-1 on paper, should be 4-1, goes off 10-1...RUN!!!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)