Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 02:58 PM   #55
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How is this even possible...there are still 2 months left in the year. Is your wife still with you?
Yes, I have a VERY understanding wife! (She has things she does as well, so our individual schedules match well.).

Another reason for striving for 100 hours per month is that Charles Town has an hours per month promotion. One gets $50 for 50 hours, $125 for 75 hours, and $250 for 100 hours. Getting 100 hours is well worth it IF one does well otherwise. Between strict poker, high hand promotions, and hours played promotions, I am currently above $10/hour (net) for the year. This amount means already subtracting out tips, and would still be true even if I took into consideration gas expenses. (CT is 65 miles Roundtrip, the other 3 poker rooms that I go to once and a while are 154, 154, and 176 miles roundtrip respectively.). It is nice to have some extra income towards expenses from my racing trips.

Some day my results could come crashing down, and/or I may wear myself out putting in so many hours. Heading to CT poker room shortly, so hoping that is not the beginning of a significant downturn.

For how cliche --> Have never once played 2/5 NL. Better for me personally to win consistently at 1/2 NL and 1/3 NL rather than satify my ego, although I may give it a try at some future time. Have never played in a live tournament either, although they have recently returned to my local poker room. May someday give it a try, although it is much different than cash games, where one can simply rebuy as much as one wants when they bust out. Tournaments here are of the BOUNTY type, where one get something like $50 for each person they knock out. So, one can hope to recover some/all of the tournament buy-in costs even if they are not among the cashers.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most