Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #14
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan1992 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/27/us/sa...ber/index.html

So they banned Jerry Hollendofer because of unsafe practices that result in breakdowns yet they keep happening?

I don't blame people for boycotting horse racing. This is getting to be ridiculous.

The sad part is if I ever went to Santa Anita. I am not placing my bet on who will win but rather who is going to be put down. 2 over the weekend and 36 since December 26, 2018. That is a breakdown every 8.5 days. God help the Stonarch Group, Santa Anita, and the Breeders' Cup if any horse breaks down. If this thread gets locked by the admins I really don't care but I am saying what everyone else is thinking. The truth hurts as much as watching horses breakdown. RANT OVER!
I live near the track, and I can tell you most of the general public knows nothing about horses. They think you can fix a broken bone by putting a cast on a horse. They think that taking care of a horse is like taking care of a dog or cat. The media has been covering every breakdown ever since they came across this story in early spring. I wonder whats in it for them? Are they trying to help a developer to get Santa Anita to close and sell the land for cheap? The reason its so hard to get a handle on the breakdowns is that it isn't one single factor causing it...it isn't the track's fault, which most of the general public who know nothing about horses seems to be directing their ire at. You can limit medication and the horses would still break down because the horses have been bred for speed and their skeletal structure is pretty much at its limit and any bad mis-step can cause it to have a broken leg.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most