Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #8472
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I don't understand? What you don't understand is that God's blessing to Israel under the Old Covenant (i.e. Law of Moses) was conditioned upon Israel's obedience. Therefore, God could "change" his mind in accordance with that condition, anthropomorphically speaking, of course; for God knew in eternity when and how his people would disobey and when they would obey. Have you so soon forgotten another one his attributes -- omniscience?

But when you say that God is the universe and the universe is God, you are making a statement about his very essence; and by your own admission you have just confessed that his immutability is connected to all things connected to his essence. And an integral part of that essence is that God is not a tangible, physical entity. Has not your "best friend" taught us the following?

John 4:24a
24 "God IS spirit...
NASB

And Paul teaches:

1 Tim 1:17
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
NASB

Since God is pure spirit and, therefore, by definition invisible, then He cannot be the universe nor can the universe be Him.
Oh. So now God is only spirit and cannot be anything else even though God created all matter and all matter is energy.

Energy is also unseen just as spirit which is energy is unseen. The two are not only the same but interchangeable as Einsteins E=MC2 proved.

This is how God is intrinsically in all his creations. His energy that YOU cannot see is in the matter that you can see. Because all matter is made up of energy. And WHERE did that energy come from? God. And WHAT is that energy made out of? God.

And do you consider Jesus as part of God? I hope so because Jesus said "I and my father are one". In other words, God is not only spirit but manifests in the flesh. Not only in the Christian religion but in other religions.

You are so caught up in your literal translations that you don't use any common sense.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)