Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #8466
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You do not understand the Biblical concept of "God does not change". It is referring to the essence of God, not parameters of what God can and cannot do. The essence of God is pure and divine love and thank God that never changes.

As far as what God purportedly does in the Bible, he certainly changes his mind a lot. Far from "immutable". For example:

Exodus 32:14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Samuel 2:30 “Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.’ But now the Lord declares: ‘Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

1 Chronicles 21:15 And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem. But as the angel was doing so, the Lord saw it and relented concerning the disaster and said to the angel who was destroying the people, “Enough! Withdraw your hand.”

Amos 7:4-6 This is what the Sovereign Lord showed me: The Sovereign Lord was calling for judgment by fire; it dried up the great deep and devoured the land. 5 Then I cried out, “Sovereign Lord, I beg you, stop! How can Jacob survive? He is so small!”

6 So the Lord relented.

And on and on.
I don't understand? What you don't understand is that God's blessing to Israel under the Old Covenant (i.e. Law of Moses) was conditioned upon Israel's obedience. Therefore, God could "change" his mind in accordance with that condition, anthropomorphically speaking, of course; for God knew in eternity when and how his people would disobey and when they would obey. Have you so soon forgotten another one his attributes -- omniscience?

But when you say that God is the universe and the universe is God, you are making a statement about his very essence; and by your own admission you have just confessed that his immutability is connected to all things connected to his essence. And an integral part of that essence is that God is not a tangible, physical entity. Has not your "best friend" taught us the following?

John 4:24a
24 "God IS spirit...
NASB

And Paul teaches:

1 Tim 1:17
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
NASB

Since God is pure spirit and, therefore, by definition invisible, then He cannot be the universe nor can the universe be Him.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)