Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
Who's in?

Nice to see they are opening on Derby Day this year. Every year opening day marks the unofficial kick off to summer for me.

For those that are going, gates will be opening at 10am instead of the usual 11:30am. Also, first post was moved to 1:45 instead of 12:50. I believe this is only for the Derby before moving back to the traditional open and post times.

Cant wait. I was there not too long ago, looks like they actually painted the table umbrellas and did some investment in the sports book area.
The sports book improvement monies are courtesy of William Hill. MP will be up against it at least until sports wagering dollars filter into the purses. Right now there are a lot of horses at GP running for much bigger purses(6250 claimers are slowly being phased out with low purses)MP will need to boost the purses to compete with Parx and NYRA. No one wants MP to fail right now they need sw and hopefully it will keep them going a cut in racing dates isn’t going to help either especially Friday racing dates after Memorial Day. My question is to Dennis Drazin if you are so sure you are getting SW why not race on Fridays even try a 3pm post or later to coincide with baseball games starting as early as 6:30 and even Wednesday racing as there are many matinee games starting at 1pm. Not well thought out marketing wise but nothing has been since the Breeders Cup in 2007.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)