Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #4634
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Warmed up for what? For you to implicitly affirm the validity of the laws of logic by explicitly denying their validity? Warmed over 2-day old french fries would be more palatable than the foolishness you have been serving up.

And I have a far better handle on the limits of human understanding than you can begin to imagine. After all, as an adherent to the Doctrines of Grace that I am, I'm fully aware of the profound implications to the doctrine of Total Depravity, in addition to the explicit teachings in scripture on this subject. This is precisely why divine revelation and divine grace are needed to understand it rightly. Of course, I fully understand how those not in the know and who champion agnosticism love to bring Christians down to their level of ignorance by claiming we're just as bankrupt in the knowledge department as they are. I know misery loves company, but you'll forgive me when I diverge from the broad path upon which you travel, since I also know it leads to a dead end in more ways than one, right?

And I'll pass on the monkey thingy, too. After all, as a first cousin to one, you have failed to impress me. Besides, I'm a cat lover.
Cats make for good target practice.

What is apparent to me, and some of the other Christian posters on this thread, is that you have a handle on YOUR understanding of your religious views, and it definitely shows the severe indoctrination and brainwashing that has occurred. Your high and mighty pontification conflicts to an extreme degree the version of Christ I was taught in confirmation classes. You can keep throwing out the straw man diversions and insults, but at the end of the day you've got nothing outside of your interpretation of scripture and your twisted philosophy to help justify it.

I told my roommate in college this, and I feel it applies to you as well - if Christ does return in our lifetimes, I'm betting I'll be in a better position to make my case for salvation than you will. Just my opinion.

As for the monkey reference, I'm not surprised you didn't catch it, since it's outside your comfort zone/echo chamber:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_monkey

But it was nice that you could come back with that 7th grade level slam on being a cousin to one.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)