Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #4627
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Well then...I think we have exhausted this line of discussion since you have admitted that your agnosticism is not grounded in rational or sound thought. Quite pointless to go on. Perhaps I can find an educated monkey with whom to have an intelligent conversation, since you have put yourself on the same level of all monkeys. (I categorically reject your inane opinion that we're all on that same level with you.)

But for the record...I do agree with you that we are often irrational -- but not for the reasons you have given. What can make us irrational is our sinful nature.
Ouch. Such a clever retort, from the old-school Creationist debates. I'm disappointed in your lack of stamina, since I was just getting warmed up.

Views on the supernatural, including yours, are by definition "not grounded in rational or sound thought". Your inability or intentional choice to recognize the limits of what humans can understand is obviously clouding your thought process, and is somewhat dated - more along the lines when mankind thought the Earth was flat, and the Sun revolved around it. I certainly don't have any issues with someone who differs from my belief, but obviously you don't offer similar tolerance on this topic.

You appear to have all the answers, when the evidence is clearly lacking. Any "logic" built on the Bible (most likely written by man with no divine intervention) and on other, fallible human constructs, proves nothing. You can categorically reject being on my level, whatever that might be, but that hardly disproves it.

Embrace the monkey. Be One with the Monkey. Let your Monkey Mind be free.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)