Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #4621
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You're quite right about my "assumption" that God exists. And least my assumption, unlike your agnosticism, is not a self-defeating one.

Secondly, it is inferior to revealed divine law because of reasons I have already stated, plus the fact that with Natural Law the more deeply profound "spirit" of Law can never be observed. Essentially, Natural Law cannot teach its observers the Law of Love and how to concretely and positively apply or expresses that love. This is its number one failing since Love is the ultimate expression of revealed divine law. The real life example I provided earlier speaks pointedly to the superiority of divine revealed Law. Natural Law can tell us what we ought not to do, as wrong behavior affects our conscience; but, generally, it fails in telling us what we ought to do. The Decalogue, for example, would not inform that Christian woman of the more profound, spiritual principles of law that apply to her situation; therefore, how much less Natural Law!? Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments", yet she did not love Christ as she ought in her situation because she was willing (the last time we spoke anyhow) to break the revealed Law of Christ by ignoring a spiritual principle of His law. Therefore, she was in a state of sin at that time.
No matter how many times you use the phrase "self-defeating" in reference to views other than your own, it doesn't make it true.

The "Law of Love"? Really? It seems like you're just making up things now to justify your actions to constrain others. I might have given the woman advice that would have led to a similar outcome - but it would have been framed around the hazards of STDs and the phenomenon known as "gold digging", and would have included the human manipulation of worrying about what her neighbors thought.

This is where Natural Law has a big edge on Divine Law. It hasn't been polluted by interpretation, and can be used for purposes other than control.

Again, the self-defeating part of all this is the narrow views that some religions impose.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)