Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #35
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
(1) Why then did Trump appoint him? (2) Did Trump not discuss issues with him before giving him the job? (3) Has Tillerson changed his positions since Trump appointed him? (4) Has Trump changed his?
Alot of questions there. Since I am not privvy to West Wing business I could only give you my personal thoughts.

(1) I think since Trump is/was the CEO of a relatively large business concern, he thought a guy like Rex Tillerson, CEO of the world's largest oil company, would be perfect for the job at State. And why not? Tillerson is/was smart, tough, aggressive and successful ... all qualities Trump simply loves and is seriously lacking in Wash DC. Exxon does business in 100s of countries world-wide. Tillerson had to deal with all types of people, usually scoundrels and dictators, of which it had to help at the State Department. A pretty good resume regardless of party or ideology.

(2) One assumes Trump and Tillerson spoke on many issues. Maybe Trump thought Tillerson followed the campaign and 'knew' Trump's position on all these issues at hand. Or maybe none of that. Do you know? What I do know is that Tillerson is getting too much advice from life-long beaurocrats in the State department and they want Trump to fail, in case you hadn't noticed.

(3) I assume Tillerson hasn't changed any of those positions he may have harbored before coming into the Cabinet. I know for a supposed tough guy, Tillerson surrendered real quickly when the hoodlums in the Climate Change mafia got to him. I guess they threw the guilt card against XOM pertaining to the Exxon Valdez fiasco of 30-so years ago.

(4) Pretty sure Trump hasn't changed his positions on these things, especially on No Korea. He may waver on the Paris Accord, and he might not get far with the Iran nuke deal. I mean, Obama illegally paid Iran billions in cash and there are too many 'Republicans' with banking and Wall Street interests that benefited from the deal as well, despite their public cries and outrage to the contrary. Trump not only was dealt a bad hand on these matters but those cards were also dealt from the bottom deck.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.