Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #40
Muddy
Muddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
I was invited to go to Detroit Race Course with a friend of for Kentucky Derby day in 1995. I decided to go and had never wagered on a horse in my life. It was a lot of fun and I managed to win a pick 3 for 381.00 as well as hitting a long shot horse that paid 31.00 dollars. If I would have lost I probably would have never went again. The track was only about 10 minutes from my house so I started to be a regular there. I miss the days of having a track right by my house. I know you can bet with simulcasting easily, but back then racing information was available in the newspapers. I kept close notes and results from DRC and have never done as well as I did back then. Gerald Bennett (now at Tampa) was one of the best trainers in Detroit those days.
I live about 2 miles ( Joy & Middlebelt) from the old DRC right now. Started going to Northville downs with my dad when I was about 12-13. Met a lot of people over the years. Bred and owned a few horses over the years. Retired now mostly play from home. I haven't been to the track here in years. The one around (ND)is pretty run down. I did make it to Tampa Bay downs back in early March while on a golf trip just before the world shut down.
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.