Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: wood memorial
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #17
f2tornado

Notes:
Glennrichment - RAN sire line, Buckpasser-x. Massive step up in class coming off maiden score. Modest improvement in figures could yield yield a board hit if others falter.
Mo Town - Hit the distance on the surface in Remsen. A repeat of that performance would easily put him in contention for the win. Bill and Coo in tail female, the same tail of Secretariat. Nothing wrong with JC piloting.
Battalion Runner - RAN top line, Buckpasser-x. Dosage profile including two professional points suggests distance is no problem. Pletcher factor alone will make this one over-bet. When I was comparing him to Always Dreaming I thought BR looked better on paper. Will need to pick up the middle pace to avoid being too far back. Had same concerns with Dreaming which ended up being non-factor. JV a winning pilot.
Bonus Points - Another Pletcher. This one has some fancy inbreeding including Buckpasser and also contains Buckpasser-x. Has not yet shown he can keep up with stronger competition but not humiliated either. These 3 year olds can sometimes pop suddenly but this would be a big pop. Hitting bottom of super would not be a shock.
True Timber - Another Buckpasser-x. Lots of those this year. This one lost ground his last two at shorter distances so I cannot expect him to suddenly gain it. A repeat of Withers run makes a mild threat to hit the board if it's a speed favoring day.
Stretches Stone - I usually think sprinter when I see City Zip in the sire line. This is further supported by the 7.00 DI. I simply cannot use at 9F. Perhaps a repeat of last out could hold for bottom of super but I doubt it with this class.
Cloud Computing - RAN plus Buckpasser-x. Gets a better pilot this time. Gotham repeat very much puts him in contention for the win.
Irish War Cry - RAN plus Buckpasser-x (sound familar yet?). If you're willing to draw a line through the FOY which reminded me of Frosted practically stopping then a possible wire job at reasonable odds.

Tough race to wager. I'll certainly use the & on top of whatever I play.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most