Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #16
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Chinese imports are a very small portion of our economy. Sorry, but that's just the truth of it. Your facts and empirical data are constructs you use to support your erroneous position. I could easily find similar facts to support my position.

The whole thing is just silly. The US and China will work it out as I suggested some time ago. All this hand wringing is just that. The world and our economy will survive just fine.
Most imports are inputs... some more trade stuff for you to read and how trade deficits really don't mean anything:

Nearly all imports, even consumer goods, are inputs for US firms, retailers and factories

If the "US and China will work it out" how will you be happy? Do we actually advocate the exact same things?!?!? Punish improper trade practices selectively? (PS- TPP would have gone a long way to getting that done in the region by applying indirect pressure on the Chinese with 11 other nations.)

I thought this was all about Trade Deficits/Jobs/MAGA... or whatever... its a moving target with supporters of this agenda anyway.

If we get some concessions from the Chinese on intellectual property rights while allowing firms to bend the rules like ZTE what all was accomplished with all the bombast and stupidity? Nothing other than Trump-bots getting all fired up.

Trade still flows freely. I'm happy then... are you?

Last I checked the Steel Tariffs still aren't being enforced with the EU...

Speaking of steel:

Japan is planning retaliatory tariffs against US exports worth $409 million

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-18-2018 at 10:50 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)