Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 09:10 AM   #220
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Doping horses and abusing children are in fact highly analogous.

Part of what underlies your position is that you don't seem to care about the welfare of the animals or the fact that a trainer has an obligation not to give them dangerous, illegal substances.

This is not just a game and about who wins the races- doping is a huge betrayal of this sport's obligation to the innocent animals who run so hard for our entertainment.

It's exactly like the child abusing babysitter.
I am very interested in the animals well being. You're so wrong in this case. The drug given to Medina Spirit is not dangerous. It's therapeutic also not illegal. It's only illegal if administered a certain time frame before a race. I'm more interested in the low level claimers that are abused by running them every weeks and doping them up with performance enhancing drugs so the can. Throw in the low level claimers being shipped tp Puerto Rico in small shipping containers. The issues lie at the bottom of the sport, not at the top, but you don't seem to care about those animals. I have no qualms with Baffert being suspended but for 2 years is ridiculous. Other trainers do the same thing if not worse and get small suspensions and small fines. That's my issue.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)