Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 03:49 PM   #21
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I may be in the minority here...but I refuse to get caught up in the "sentimentality" and the 'majesty' that some people associate this game with. There is no need for "California Racing" if the product there fails to meet the expectations of the betting public. Like everyone else, I too got indoctrinated in the game during the "live attendance" era, and it took me a very long time to make the transition to the home-betting environment...but that's what the future demands, and there is no use dwelling in nostalgia for our sport's "glorious" past. IMO...what the 21st century horseplayer needs is an attractive betting spectacle where the pools are large and the racing is competitive. And it doesn't matter if this takes place in California...New York...or anywhere else in between. This being mainly a gambling game, the BETTING opportunities are the chief attraction...not the "majesty" of the racing locale.
Absolutely agree.

-jp

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most