Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #15
BreadandButter

I'm doing more now. I would attribute this mainly due to the technological advances such as RTN, competitive ADWs, hand held devices etc..

With RTN I'm able to record any performance I want, fast forward, rewind, pause with ease - I get the full race and head on replays. I’m finding the rebates offered are much more competitive now then they were 5-10 years ago. I believe this is a result of so many ADWs in the market competing for customers. Hand held devices now make it easy to go through some pps, watch replays where ever I maybe with 10-15 mins of downtime.

I remember the days when I would often have to drive 40 mins each way to pick up the pps in the AM - then drive another 50+ mins each way to a track that eve, drop over $25 in parking, tips etc before even sitting down at a table prior to the first race. Does any body remember the days tracks would sell you a copy of a performance for between $25-$50 and that’s if you provided them with a blank VHS tape?

I know of a full time player that has only seen a handful of races live in his lifetime. The technology that exists today is the only reason he's in the game.
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most