Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I play less than 5 years ago, but that is only due to the AllData Project, and all the time involved in R&D, updates, upgrades, and most importantly, user support functions.

5 years ago I was playing less than when I was a full time player, but my bottom line was about the same as it was before burning out as a full time player. Today, about the only time I play superfectas, my preferred wager type (and most profitable one), is on big racing cards like the TC and BC cards. I just don't have the time to handicap for superfecta play, on a daily basis, like I used to, as superfecta handicapping is much more time intensive than any other type of play, having to select place, show, and 4th place finishers as well as the for winners.

I have been playing a little more recently, the last few weeks or so, due to some easier track testing methods I developed, allowing me to hone in on many more positive tested tracks and rankings/odds ranges available now. So, I've been win wagering, primarily, testing those new methods in real time, with real money, the only accurate way of finding out if what you're doing is profitable. Playing "on paper" is fine, and I thoroughly encourage doing that, but there comes a time when you have to put your money at risk, in order to see if you can actually do exactly what your testing tells you to do. Can you pass races that the testing says to pass? Can you pull the trigger on high priced selections that the testing says is long term profitable? Can you keep from being distracted by the way the public bets, or the announcers' analysis of the horses in specific races, etc..

Only live, real money wagering will tell you if you're long term profitable or not, all the testing in the world won't tell you that, because testing doesn't take discipline, patience, and consistency, on a daily basis, when you have your money at risk.

You can talk a good game easily, playing a good game is a different world.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)