Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
Moto Pete

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I don't think we're connecting here. Typical message board dysfunction.

"The problem is I have a full time JOB and currently am living on my own, so I don't have a lot of free time during the week. I tend to be a weekend warrior when it comes to racing, since this is really the only time I have available to do it. I'm not sure how your software works these days, but I know I did a LOT of testing and trial and error using Pickmaster and some of the other tools in the software. I just don't have the time to do this. The data downloads are $129.00 per month which is a lot to overcome before I have even made a WAGER."

A weekend warrior is 8 days a month. And to be honest if someone plays 8 days a month he's not an occasional player. We're not pros, we do have a job and a family and we do devote significant time to the sport. When I read Bill's comment it struck a cord. We seem to have parallel handicapping lives. I subscribed to HTR for 3 years and downloaded every day and capped most. Maybe I got burned out, but I've also taken on some work that is taking it's toll on me. So for now I'm an occasional player but that might change.

I fully understand the economics of the pricing. It's just too bad for guys like me and Bill that we can't get the best data without paying more than is practical.
Moto Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)