Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #9
Dave Schwartz

Unless you meant it's speed and ease of use I don't think Bill's point was addressed. While I've never been a HSH subscriber I did use HTR for a few years. It's pricing is similar to HSH and like BIll I found myself too busy with life to devote much time to racing. I'm far from a $2 bettor but I'm not a heavy hitter either. The cost of the subscription versus the number of races played a month is a lot to overcome. Like Bill I dropped HTR and wish there was a program that was priced daily instead of monthly.

Moto,

Quote:
Unless you meant it's speed and ease of use I don't think Bill's point was addressed.
I believe his point was "speed and ease of use."

Quote:
...like Bill I found myself too busy with life to devote much time to racing.
Products such as HSH are not designed for the guy who wants to play the races once or twice per month. Guys such as yourself are simply not the target market for software that takes a serious development investment.

Quote:
...wish there was a program that was priced daily instead of monthly.
The cost of producing such a program is just not going to permit it to be available to someone who is only going to generate a couple of dollars per month in revenue.

You know, I can precisely connect to where you are coming from, but for me it is a boat.

I live 35 minutes from Lake Tahoe, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. I would love to go out on the lake 3 or 4 times per summer on a boat.

Considering the complete investment in the boat - the initial purchase price plus the upkeep - how can a 4-times-per-year boater justify his purchase? The answer is that I can't.

Instead, I can rent a boat at Tahoe for the day on those 4 times when I really have a hankering to get out on the lake. However, the cost per day is around $750 and I simply cannot justify that very often, either.

Unfortunately, I do not get to have the boating experience that I want without spending a substantial amount of money (something I choose not to do).

And that is the point: The occasional player simply cannot cost-effectively get access to the best software and data. That is simply how it works.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 07-18-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most