Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
Dave Schwartz

Bill,

I absolutely hear what you are saying.

Ironically, what you describe is very common. That is, the intensity with which most HSH users test and run their software.

The primary goals of HSH are:

1) To provide a platform that is capable of winning using an automated (or semi-automated) approach.

2) To make the user's race day experience smooth and exhilarating.

The ironic part is that they way the software operates makes #2 absolutely easy to accomplish. I mean, imagine...

*Marks tracks and races you would be interested in playing by filtering
*sorts those races by post time so you don't miss anything
*grabs early scratches
*captures tote odds and new scratches
*allows you to build a betting system
*fires the betting system on demand
*builds a "standard" bet upload file for many ADWs
*captures your wagers for later study
(including the horses you didn't bet),
*grabs payoffs
*tracks how the bets have done (including your rebates)

The point is that PLAYING the races becomes an absolute pleasure.

Even more so considering that the prep time is typically zero. Of course you download the files (which can be done automatically on a schedule), and you must import the files (which can also be done automatically), but beyond that it is just go to the races.

When I play with a 9:30am post, I am in my studio at around 8:50 to make sure all the files are downloaded and imported already. At 9am I get my TVs going (RTN system) - (Link to Studio picture) - BTW, HSH tracks my satellite channels.

After that, it is non-stop PLAYING and WATCHING! What could be better?

But playing and winning are not the same thing.

The most difficult of these two goals is clearly #1: winning. About 20-25% of our users are winning players, and several win at a "professional level. That still leaves 75-80% of our users that are not winning players.

The great majority of our users are all about winning. If they are not convinced they are going to win, they will not play.

Why do they not win? Because horse racing is always an individual journey. I coach, I help... occasionally I even share a system that I have been winning with. I have never completely understood why one person uses a system successfully and another does not.

I have seen it for years. Even have a professional player who gave me his precise system. It worked for me to some degree - I was down around 2% before rebate - but I never saw the 4% profit (before rebate) that he got.

I am hoping that The Unique Past Performances will make it easier. It will certainly put the responsibility clearly in the hands of the user even more than it is now.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 07-14-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most