Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #14329
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Ps 141:4
4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,
To practice deeds of wickedness
With men who do iniquity;
And do not let me eat of their delicacies.
NASB
How can God incline an inherently evil man to be evil? Remember your position is all men are evil as a result of Adam's sin. Thus no inclination is necessary. Unless man is not inherently evil and you are saying God makes man evil. So you believe according by your support of Luther and your citing of this Psalm man is not evil, until God inclines his heart to evil? Interesting.

I am glad to have you on record supporting God has to incline man to evil and God cause man to sin.

Quote:
You are insane! The Jews played a very active role in Christ's death. It was by the Jews' DOING that they tried Christ illegally and delivered him up to Pilate. And the did a lot with their mouths by insisting three times that Pilate crucify Christ. They were so hateful toward Him and adamant about him dying that they even called down a curse upon themselves and their children's heads!
I never denied the Jewish religious authorities played an active role or did not know what they were doing. You are adding to my words. The apostles were Jews did they ask for Jesus' death? Nicodemus was not in favor of the arrest and trial of Jesus for blasphemy. All the Jews all over the world and even in Jerusalem did not ask for Jesus' death. The majority didn't even know about the arrest or trial. Anyone thinking every Jew is responsible for the asking for Jesus's death certainly qualifies as insane.

Quote:
What part of YOU KILLED the AUTHOR of LIFE", don't you get? Papa1 must be rolling over in his grave that you don't believe his infallible words.
First, another false premise stated by you. The Gospel writers were referring to the Jewish authorities and the doctrines of the Messiah. Otherwise Peter himself is guilty of Christ's murder as a Jew according to your interpretation. Peter certainly was not accusing himself, the other Apostles, Mary mother of God as Jews guilty of Jesus' death.

Rational people understand the charge is against the Jewish religious authorities and the Jewish belief in a the Messiah that would establish a worldly kingdom.

Secondly, the doctrine you cite was not formalized during Peter's time period, but about 1900 plus years later. The doctrine was formalized upon Peter's actions.

Quote:
You're a liar. I never said what you claim, Mr. Worldy Wise Man.
You do all the time. You are always preaching of God's sovereignty and saying God is limited in carrying out His will due to His righteousness or some reason. The pygmy in the forest example is just one that comes to mind. According to you God can't save the righteous pygmy, who never heard of Jesus due to God's righteousness.

Quote:
Also, don't you know that God's will is not contingent on man's will?Eph 1:11-12

11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,
NASB
Correct, God's plan for salvation will go forward regardless of man's will. To be predestined to be like the Christ the first fruit. Glad you finally get it.

Thus, you agree God is not limited, by his righteousness or any other attribute, and can save the righteous pygmy in the forest. Correct?

Quote:
Sure he did. He told Pilate that he who delivered Him up to him had the GREATER SIN, which means Pilate still had sin -- just not more sin that he who delivered Jesus up to him! Learn to read, already. Greater sin by another means lesser sin for Pilate.
No doubt. However, you are adding unto Jesus' words. The context is about taking authority over Jesus. Judas betrayed Jesus to the Jewish authorities, giving them authority over him for a trial. Pilate assumed he had the authority over Jesus too. Jesus did not say you are guilty of murdering me to Pilate. How could Pilate been less guilty of the sin of murdering Jesus than Judas? He couldn't, therefore Jesus was not charging Pilate with the sin of his murder, as you propose.

Quote:
This isn't about logic. It's about seeing how far you will stray from the infallible, authoritative Word of God. The more you stray, the more you will ensnare yourself in your own lies and wonky logic. You already disagree with Peter and Jesus and Paul. Peter told the Jews that THEY killed Jesus.
It is about your illogical arguments and assumptions. I do not stray as you try to prove with your false premises. On the contrary I am in agreement with Peter about the Jewish religious authorities.

You should be physically exhausted swinging that bat you whiff with every time you step into the batter's box.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-02-2014 at 08:21 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)