Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 11:59 PM   #368
redlandb

Too Good

This whole argument reminds me of health care in America...

The costs are out of control, because the cost to provide that service is too great due to the research/breeding needed to get there.

In health care, we run needless test after needless test in order to catch the 1% mystery illness, while the costs are 500% greater than without the tests.

In horse racing, we are stuck with these takeout hikes, which feed the purse increase, which feeds breeding, that finally provides horses that runs 4 seconds faster on a mile race.

So, I would ask, is it really worth the added cost (takeout), just to run a little faster?

If owners of $2500 claimers can survive on $4000 purses, why can the big owners? Costs I know...Just to run faster.

In the end, lower the purses, lower the takeout, lower the quality of the animals, and let them get there 4 seconds slower.

I want this sport to get back to being built of the love of the race, not what we have now.

I am sorry, if I am a short sighted honky who doesn't bet $100's per race.
redlandb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)