Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 07:55 AM   #68
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Harvey's old replay show had tons of greats on there back in the 80s-90s, Pricci was always a favorite of mine but there were many good handicappers on there back then, Cornman, Litfin, Finley...
At one point I heard Corman didn't want to give out horses on the show anymore because they were taking too much money.

To me, he was easily the best.

There are loads of terrific public and track handicappers now, but they are all mostly looking at similar figures, watching the same replays, discussing the same trips and biases etc.. He was ahead of the handicapping curve back then. He brought insights and information to the table that weren't fully understood or available to everyone at that time. Maybe the game caught up to him now, but back then it was different.

I remember one summer in Saratoga decades ago I happened to be hanging out watching replays at the same TV as him and a friend for a few days. Just listening to him discuss races after the fact would always set off light bulbs.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-19-2021 at 08:00 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)