Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HTR Software
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 12:16 AM   #5
mikekk

I was a member of HTR since 2003-4 (I've given up capping since the beginning of the year, so I let my membership lapse). I fully endorse Tom's view on HTR...by far the most comprehensive package I've ever run into!

A few tips:

1. Ken Massa is owner/proprietor, and is as nice and approachable as anyone I've ever talked to. Any problems with his product is handled immediately; any questions are promptly (like, same day) answered. The guy's a jewel.

2. The program suite is very comprehensive, and does come with a learning curve. Wade, don't jump, in! Give yourself some time with it. You can easily find one of the modules that will mesh with your current handicapping methodology (and probably enhance it); start there, and add more things as your understanding matures. Ken is very approachable; if you plan on giving 6 months/a year to working with HTR, ask him if he'd be willing to give you a month free to get comfortable with it...he'll probably say yes.

3. Tom covers a lot of the features very well in his post to you; but there's so much to the program that it's easy to get overwhelmed. Take it slow and easy!

4. HTR has a kickass bulletin board that's very well supported with a ton of information from the membership. It's well worth checking out (and searching it for prior information)

5. Be sure to download all the PDF's from the HTR website. The newsletters and handicapping articles contain a gold mine of useful information.

It's the best software I ever used. I cannot recommend it enough!

Good luck and best wishes on your journey!

Mike
mikekk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)