Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #28
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I'm not a Trekkie, but I did enjoy the Star Trek movies. I'm pretty sure the first movie was about the same time as the first Star Wars, and if memory serves me correct, I think Star Trek's production (and acting and story lines, etc) was much superior.

It may be that I have a hard time with any movie that is in the fantasy genre, and there's something about the costumes and characters, an overall cheesiness, that strikes me as fantasy. I don't know if anyone understands that, or if even I do, but I've never really gotten why I just don't get a movie franchise that is so wildly popular.
The Star Trek movies got progressively worse to the point of being embarrassing. The latest movies made by JJ Abrams have been incredible. I am the same as you as far as not being a SciFi person. What Star Wards did, in my opinion, is make SciFi appealing to the masses. If you can stomach watching Star Wars (I am speaking of the original), view it in the context of a western. It really does have all of the elements of a good western. In fact, I think that is really why it was so successful; people picked up on that in their subconscious. Of course, I am probably overthinking it.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)