Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Been thinking on this for a while.
His beaten length charts have definitely changed.

Quick check shows this now -

5.5 - 2.5
6.0 - 2.2
6.5 - 2.1
7.0 - 2.0
8.0 - 1.7
8.2 - 1.6
8.3 - 1.5
8.5 - ?? Seeing 1.7 - 20
9.0 - ?? Seeing 2.0
10.0 - seeing 1.7

Need to do some more research. Bought a couple more printed editions to use to look through. Not sure if older races have been updated or not, so I want to get all races in the last year.

I have a procedure I use to verify Beyers (I will post later) that makes the figs usable, or at least lets me know when they are suspect.

A track like OP is very trustworthy - not a lot of variations and not many ??? races.

NYRA, on the other hand, looks like a mess. I think more raced get broken out than not. Don't know why, bad data or what. Maybe the races are the problem and he has to compensate for that, can't prove anything. I do see a lot of figs revised later on - a lot of them.

I trust OP right off the bat,but at NYRA, I keep a list of suspect figs so I am reminded later on to either check for a revision or take the number with a grain of salt. I'm not going to wheel a horse off of a ? figure,or take 8-5 on one. But I'll pay attention to a 10-1 shot who might have earned a bigger number than is showing today.

More later.

» Advertisement