Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #90
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
Show Me The Money. Explain in your own words why slots only take 8% and not 16% or 20%. Some experimented that high, but they don't do that anymore. Why do they charge only 8% on average?
Demand for the product. And they are profitable at that range. Nothing different then I said in my earlier postings.

To clarify I am not saying take out does not effect the bettors bottom line.

Simple business:

Fixed costs and variable costs of operating the plant. Price reductions do not guarantee or generate more profit or guarantee enough income to cover costs. I have illustrated the above many times.

It is all about the demand. Price does not drive demand, demand drives price.

You have it backwards and the idea of corresponding increase in income equaling price reduction is a faulty premise.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 12-22-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement