Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #45
boxcar

[quote=HalvOnHorseracing;2450541]Let me give you some good advice. Take your time, think it through, and then post something that is at least 2% worth of sense.

All we can be sure of is the moment at hand. But don't you at least wonder if the end of days by fire has something to do with the sun extinguishing?

Here's something really interesting.

Because of the finite speed of light*, when you gaze up into the night sky, you are looking into the past. The bright star Sirius is 8.6 light years away. That means the light hitting your eye tonight has been traveling for 8.6 years. Put another way: When you look at Sirius tonight, you see it as it was 8.6 years ago.

No, it doesn't make me wonder. I know how it will end.

Now, permit me to return the favor of good advice: Quit posting predictions after you tell us that nobody knows "when" in one breath but then give us a number for "when" in the next. One could get the impression you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. We already have enough partcipants in this thread doing that without your company.

Quote:
Nobody knows when the end will come, but the sun goes to a red giant in five billion years. I'm thinking that might just be the time to start worrying about the end.
Quote:
*I believe it was Einstein who said nothing is faster than the speed of light
I believe The Creator is faster than anything He created.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)