Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #57
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
Sad as it is Randall is right, the reality is technology and the evolution of the game is changing the playing field. In the future probably like 10 tracks will be running. Right now in Lexington KY people are buy horses like they understand that,that's reality it's not pretty, but that's the way it is.......
I was thinking would this really be a bad end result for horse racing in the U.S.? It would be a trend moving towards a closed horse racing system. I'm just uncertain if 10 tracks is the correct number. Similar to HK racing, the same number of horses competing. Competitive fields and annually the handle will probably be in the high double digit multi-billions. Since expenses should be lower, the track take-out should be lowered. The downside will be that most track executives and racing commissioners will be unemployed and wondering what went wrong.

But, I haven't really thought this through.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 09-17-2014 at 12:41 AM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)