Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 11:33 PM   #53
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Yes, the BETTOR makes the game...but that doesn't mean that the game is his to control. The game belongs to the horsemen and the track owners...and they run it as they see fit. We horseplayers sometimes call this "our game"...but we are confused on this issue. It doesn't BELONG to us, and we don't even have a voice in the way that it's been run.

The horsemen and the track owners have made all the decisions...and now they must live with them. THEY are the ones who have wrecked this game...and the blame for its condition belongs squarely on their shoulders. The horseplayer in an outsider...and an unwelcomed one at that. How can an unwelcomed outsider ever take control of anything?
It all starts with you and me, Thask. We have a newly elected "horseplayers" board member of the NTRA, a classy filly named Judy Wagner. Be sure to give her a call and share with her what you've shared here. You can also support the efforts of HANA, if you choose. The whole process has been slowly coming together in a unified front from the horseplayers perspective. What I've told you probably is old news, but others reading these posts today have confirmed there INDEED is a concern for a forthcoming contraction... If we go to war, I want you on my side, Thask......
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)