Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #18
Denny
Veteran

[quote=dilanesp;2313860]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post

Really? I've seen 6 favorites win in the pick 6 sequence any number of times.

And I have seen pocket aces at a poker table win 6 times in a row- it is the favorite.

I am convinced that there's just a fundamental divide between the numerate and the innumerate in life. 6 favorites in a row isn't even nearly as rare as some of the results random variance can produce. Lukas had 6 straight triple crown race wins and 7 of 8 with 5 different horses, only 2 of them favorites. Calvin Borel rode 3 Derby winners in 4 years.

And right now, we could find a roulette wheel in Vegas which hit the same number 5 times in the last 12 spins. The wheels have displays that show that.
I don't think some of your comparisons apply.

Roulette? Poker? - these have fixed odds and could be random variance. NOT horseracing.

Lukas was the best trainer in the game and had the best horses. But it's a reasonable comparison and I'll give you that one even though it's not the same. Some of his horses won more than once, they weren't all different.

6 favorites in a P6? - When did you ever see a P6 with 18-20 horses in every race?

The odds of 6 favorites in the Derby is more than just random!

Last edited by Denny; 05-10-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added some wording
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most