Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Florida Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #92
PICSIX
Mike Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
I don't agree, what race were you guys watching? The longer they go, the worse this horse gets.......Meanwhile, the furthur they go, Orb looks better. I don't care what Rosie does........Orb wins that race for fun, just like he did. This is what i was saying about "hyped" horses and the excuses. People just won't admit that Bobby most likely is NOT a 10 furlong horse. If she sends that horse he probably tires even faster and that track plays to speed. Orb ran against the the pace and grain of this track and still won for fun. Last time the pace was so fast, Orb got it handed to him.....not yesterday, that was a deadly move that horse made on horses that should of had some gas left. If Orb stays healthy, Shug has got something really good here!
I'm not blaming Rosie. The blame is on Pletcher for trying to change the horse's running style because he was worried about getting the distance. IMO he should have let the horse run it's race or should have never been entered in the first place.

Do you really think all that early checking was better for Bobby's chances then taking the lead in that slow paced race

» Advertisement