Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #270
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Here is the reality.

From a fairness perspective, nobody betting on a computer should be placing bets right before the gates open. That is an invitation to pool manipulation.

But from a handle perspective, I bet that actually implementing that reform would take a meaningful bite out of handle, because it is obvious these people are betting enough to shift the odds very late when there is already a lot of money in the pools. So it will never happen.
Not sure how that qualifies as manipulation. I'd only classify a cancelled bet as such.

Anyone is entitled to bet as late as they want, what exactly is the issue with that ? Granted, the computer based players can get much bigger bets in at the last second (10,000 to win for instance) and you might have trouble doing that at the window, but something tells me few or none of you are ever going to need that anyway.

If folks aren't happy with the parimutuel system , they should demand nationwide Betfair access, and bet at fixed odds among themselves.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)