Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #49
Grits

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...lLinksEnabled=

It can't be guaranteed by anyone that horses will not be lost in racing, even when in excellent form and health. Still, this is NOT what thoroughbred racing needs. NOT AT ALL.

Its extremely questionable whether moving from the inner will stop this, as has been said, its not the track.

This is greed. Horsemen and veterinarians who have no integrity, no conscience. The entire deal's a money grab--one carried out at the expense of animals who raise up every morning, put their faces in a water bucket and a feed tub, only to trust those that are licensed to care for their well being.

There's 9 more days of racing before the NYRA makes their adjustment--nine LONG days before April 4th when the claiming level is to be raised. Reading the original article regarding the needed adjustments--the claiming level is just one of the problems accompanying the increased purse levels. Charlie Hayward's not a miracle worker and without all of the NYRA, the horsemen and the vets (particularly those lacking in integrity) he can't turn all of this around by April 4th.

My veterinarian, who takes care of my dog, also takes care of horses. Apparently, he has a different opinion from that of the current horsemen and vets who are entering horses that are not fit to race.

As he's told me, in his exact words:

"I don't care whether its your dog, your cat, your horse, or your gerbil, it possesses every single organ that you have. It has a heart, a brain, lungs, a stomach, etc. It feels pain just as you do. The day and hour I can't keep these animals healthy, comfortable, and free of pain is the day I walk out the damn back door."

Some of the veterinarians and trainers in horseracing ducked class or didn't get the memo attached to their license. This makes me sick. The whole thing makes me feel shame. How does one defend thoroughbred racing when looking at this?
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most