Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #9865
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
That's it? That's all you got? You got nothing on what I just told you. I have historical facts of what context the Jews used the word "Hell" 2000 years ago which was not for an eternal and endless future Hell.

And you have no explanation for why post Christ death writers like Paul and the Book of Acts do not mention Hell once when they speak of Christ's teachings. If you are going to go to the worst place imaginable and forever, why are they silent about that? Because that's not what Jesus was talking about.That's because Christ wasn't talking about Hell in the context it later became to be known centuries later which was due to a political ploy by corrupt Churches which controlled the masses. Why do you think the Christian religion has thousands of denominations. The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. Because they disagree on what means what in the Bible. You're a rookie. Just one person with an opinion, not the truth. The truth is always within as Jesus says.

You have nothing,so you feebly throw a bunch of scripture that I can easily debunk as having anything to do with your eternal Hell.

You have the supreme God of love on one hand and a God bestowing the cruelest act you can possibly imagine to bestow on a soul on the other hand. Makes sense? Maybe to an imbecile.

My suggestion to you is to not worry about getting into Heaven or avoiding Hell. Just keep the Love in your heart, guided by Jesus and God and concern yourself with this life and as Jesus said, "All will be added unto you", in this life and probably the next. But don't assume anything. That will keep you humble, and thirsty.
You have nothing! You went to some infidel website, and copied and pasted their heresy and call it "facts"?

And, no, it's not all that I have. I could throw a lot more at you, but why? You would not believe. The OT and NT teachings on the duration of punishment is very clear. It's for all all eternity.

Furthermore, you asking me questions about why Paul didn't teach this, that or some other thing about hell doesn't prove a a thing. Arguments from Silence never do. (Ask Thask, he's the resident expert on this thread about arguments from silence since he raised more than a few.)

Now get busy and refute the dozen or texts that I posted. I could use a good belly laugh as you attempt to spin them.

But truly -- truly -- here's some friendly advice: Due to your massive ignorance of scripture, you really should not go down this road of Hell and its duration because this topic is inextricably linked to that branch of theology called Eschatology. Future events. The end times. The end of the age. In order to refute hell and its duration, you would need to refute the following events: The Second Coming of Christ, The physical Resurrection of the Just and Unjust, Judgment Day (a/k/a the Day of the Lord when Christ returns) and the utter Destruction of the present order of the universe and the Recreation of the Heavens and the Earth. All these doctrines are very closely associated with the eternal destinies of saints and sinners alike. In short, you're not spiritually, theologically or intellectually equipped to open up this huge box of Eschatological inquiry. Heck...you have already proved this. You mind is a morass of confusion and contradictions. In one breath, you tell us that good and evil are nothing more than illusions, but then turn around and point to me and Trump as being evil. Clue: If good and evil, don't exist, neither does morality; yet, you characterize Trump's immigration policy as being immoral. .

Heck..you can't even bring yourself to believe in the physical, bodily resurrection of Christ! You refer to the apostle Paul and other NT writers of as "post Christ death" writers. No true believer would ever refer to Christ in this way. But of course, I understand that you have to because the doctrine of the physical resurrection of Christ is no small impediment to your reincarnation idiocy, as would the general bodily resurrection of saints and sinners when Christ returns to judge the world with his saints in tow.

Truly, the Lord Jesus spoke accurately about people like you who refuse to believe him. You are well on your way to your Second Death which is the Lake of Fire by traveling on the broad path that you are. Yes, indeed...that path is exceedingly wide that leads to eternal destruction and MANY are those who travel on it.

» Advertisement