Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #7782
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Disappointed? You must be in a real hurry to get to Brimstone Lake.
This “eternal life” that you claim is yours because of your faith in Christ and the power of his death on the cross is bizarre...how can any reasonable person think that they will “live forever”...? Not only that, aside from its impossibility, why would anyone want to...?

For years, I struggled with the idea of our mortality, until I realized that, indeed, there was no point in living forever, I mean what point COULD THERE POSSIBLY BE for living forever?

But since you are a firm believer in this “certainty”, at least for you anyway, maybe you can clue me in on the nature of such livelihood...I mean, how will you be occupying your (Time?) in Eternity...? There will no longer be any darkness, right...? No males or females, you’ll be like the angels, right...?

No work to do, I imagine...so no need to rest from your labours...
No pain, tears, or sickness...no funerals since Death has been vanquished...

No births either, I suppose, without males or females, that is...

So you are going to spend all Eternity flying around as a angel working on God’s next condo...? Please explain the appeal of why on earth I would want to be in this so called “paradise of Edenic glory”....? What will God have me doing next?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 08-16-2018 at 10:05 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)