Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:24 PM   #105
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Curious....what was your winning % when training?....overall average...throw-out worst and best....
Here is what equibase has for my last two years. The previous four years (I trained six years) was really a roller coaster ride because such a large percentage of my horses were two year olds those years. The last two years were the most consistent in regards to even distribution of all ages. The last year I was actually training privately for an individual in MN. I started training at age 20. So I was pretty young lol. But I was very involved in many things race horse. I was involved in a major study with the University of MN regarding breakdowns. I was also doing R&D with the 3M corporation for the last few years I trained. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I probably wasn't your run of the mill trainer. We also had a breeding farm down the road and had a dozen broodmares and stood a stallion. So a lot of these horses were home breds. My early years it was a struggle because my dad was one of those that wanted to breed any horse with a heart beat to our stallion because it was free lol. So the quality sucked. Took me several years to knock some sense into him and get him to understand that costs way more money. Once he understood that then things took off. You have to have a certain level of quality to win races aside from doing all the other things for them. Can't squeeze blood from a turnip so to speak.

1991 33 8 4 5 $90,289 $2,736 24% 52% View 1990 82 12 13 13 $98,966 $1,207 15% 46% View
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)