Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #2
spiketoo

Hey Capt. Obvious, everybody in this forum knows the theory behind the P6 jackpot bet. Tho with everything in life, there's 'theory vs application'. Let me enlighten you based on this utterly useless link (I mean, since I'm here and all)...

- The lottery increased the possible numbers required to win by increasing the field. You can still box all if you want in the P6 (and at BEL they've actually reduced the field at times )

- The lottery will pay all who hit. That is the essence of the P6 bet - they only pay a sole winner.

- The lottery increased the price of a bet. The P6 was actually reduced.

- The lottery is solely based on what most refer to as 'luck' as they use a RNG to produce their winning numbers. I know at certain times most of use here think racing does the same for the P6, but I think for the most part we cling dearly to the 'theory' that the 'application' of some type of 'skill' is required here (tho as always, YMMV).

- And now the main diff which is what sours me on this bet to no end. The lottery allegedly increased some instances of smaller prizes rewarded. The P6 bet actually DECREASED all preceding consols by 50% in most cases to fund this jackpot! I live on consols - but not anymore at tracks that offer this bet. I shun them like SUF runners making a start at BEL (hey, wasn't there a $53 winner yesterday???).

So in theory, just as a person running for an elected office is a politician, the D or R (or I) next to their name alerts you that there will be differences in their application of how they proceed in office (that's not political is it PA?).

Perhaps PA can start a 'TIL' forum for the enlightened souls who care to post something that all of us are aware of.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)