View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 10:19 PM   #44
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
prec·e·dent
noun
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/Submit
an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

You keep arguing about the guy. "But the guy, the guy..."

Pro Tip: Nobody gives a shit about "the guy."

My reason why this is a mess is literally in the title of this thread.

We can't have Allies out there whacking civilians without even the slightest attempt at plausible deniability and expect to have credible policy. Pointblankperiod.
Plausible deniability?
1. Saudi Arabia has probability of zero with respect to credibility. They murder something like 47 people a day or a week or a month, for various charges. That is their nation, their laws, and their business.
If you didn't know that, why are you complaining now about what they have been doing...and yes the World has known that?
But now a journalist has disappeared, probably murdered.

2. That journalist was an Arabian citizen, a man who befriended Osama bin laden no less.
Why aren't you complaining here about Arabia's miserable heinous treatment of other citizens for years?
Yes the American Government has known about Arabia's savagery for decades, as has every other country in the world.

3. The Arabian journalist was supposedly killed, assassinated if you wish, by Arabians.
The "dirty deed" was done on Arabian soil.
(Technically, the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Turkey is theoretically under Arabia. I hope that you understand that.)

4. If a murder tonight against a foreign ambassador takes place in Chicago,
or Las Vegas, should that country call for sanctions against the United States?

My Opinion:
Arabia is what it is.
I wouldn't live there. I don't agree with their values.
But it's their country and if their citizens don't like how their Government behaves that is their business to do something about it.
Not Ireland's, not Rwanda's, not Sweden's, not the U.S.A.'s and certainly not your's or mine even if we think that it is egregious.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)