Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:43 AM   #178
hcap

CNN’s Chris Cuomo skewers Rudy Giuliani for claiming that his and Trump’s lies ‘confuse’ everyone: ‘Facts aren’t in the eye of the beholder’
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/cnn...-eye-beholder/

..At one point, the lawyer jokingly acknowledged it “confuses the hell out of people” when he argues in favor of hypothetical scenarios involving fired FBI director James Comey and special counsel Robert Mueller — but Cuomo didn’t let him off the hook.

The host referenced Giuliani’s recent comments claiming Trump never asked Comey to “go easy” on his disgraced former national security adviser Michael Flynn — a talking point he appeared to have introduced just this week.

“I cannot find you ever saying ‘the president did not have that conversation with Comey’ until this week,” Cuomo said.

“I did all the time,” Giuliani responded, “every time I gave a hypothetical.”

At the conclusion of the interview, the concept of truth in Trump world came up once more.

After the lawyer echoed Trump’s claim that no president had ever been as mistreated or maligned as he and backed it up with “evidence” of his success, Cuomo appeared to suggest that the president has excelled in lying.

“If fact-counting is anything,” the host said, “we’ve never had anybody with the level of mendacity that he has.”

“It’s in the eye of the beholder,” Giuliani said while laughing.

“No,” Cuomo concluded, “facts are not in the eye of the beholder.”

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)