Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
If you don't wish to state so publicly, please send me a PM and give me a little detail into all these other reasons. I'd appreciate it...
It’s nothing dramatic Mike. It’s more a reflection on myself then on the board. There are plenty of great people here to share thoughts with and I never expected a public forum to be without people I didn’t care for. I have many irons in the fire lately and I needed to weed something out that was consuming time.

I have a hard time doing things in moderation; 25 hours a day playing sports as a kid, 25 hours a day studying music composition as a teenager and a lifetime gambling on horses. When someone asks a question I have a hard time with an economical / semi-thoughtful answer or the condescending…”good luck with that” that too many fall back on.

Quick story and I’ll be on my way…I’m in a couple pick-4 groups and I was asked to work up some DB studies a while back. Someone asked me for some queries on the board and they took longer to run then I expected. I spent the majority of the morning trying to fill this request and was late with the data that I rely on for support. Now; if that comes off as resentful; I don’t mean it to be. It’s strictly a reflection on me and my inability to prioritize my life.

Overall; clearly a great board and I’ll always appreciate the way I was treated by yourself and the time you took with the day-trading materials you sent.

BTW: Great to hear from you Melman. Your Phil’s are on a collision course with the post season once again. They are the epitome of a veteran / pro team in that they rarely let inferior clubs beat them. Even for someone raised a Met fan and now for the Rays they are always impressive to watch.

Enjoy the season!
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)