Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:35 PM   #82
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Amen!

From what I read, and the video going around, this kid had some experience firing whatever he was firing. I personally don’t think it sounded like an AR-15, but cell phones aren’t exactly the right platform for analyzing the sound.

Personally I believe that these guys using AR-15’s are using the wrong weapon for accomplishing what they want to accomplish. A 12 gauge semi auto shotgun with double 00 buckshot would be more effective all things considered. But they would have a magazine limit.

A well trained shooter with a couple of semi auto pistols might even be more effective because of the available magazines.
I'm not an expert, but I believe the .223/5.56MM cartridge was adopted by the military to allow soldiers to carry more rounds, and to wound rather than kill - or at least wound as often as killing - with the idea that wounded soldiers were more overhead than dead ones. That idea doesn't hold true in all parts of the world, of course.

Of course the military held on to the .308/7.62 NATO cartridge for sniper work - when death is the preferred outcome, and round count is less critical.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)