Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: NYRA Breakage
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Good article. The example of the 47% takeout is a bit extreme, based on 250 two dollar tickets as opposed to a single 50 cent trifecta, but the math is sound. Reminds of the theft running rampant in the Illinois OTB system. I've always tried to wager larger bets online, but one night back in 2003 or so I was at the OTB in Springfield, and I loved a horse at 20-1. I bet $100 to W/P on the mule and it finished second, paying $20.80 to place or so. After taking a hit from the on track breakage, I found my pants around my ankles when I got back just over $900 instead of $1040 after the OTB "surcharge".

For the first state to move forward with penny breakage, I imagine a boost in handle will follow. But I'm not holding my breath as the banksters running racing are from the same cloth as the banksters on Wall St.
what an example of thievery that one is. i don't know of to many horse players that would bet into that type of rake.

i have no idea why the racing industry doesn't get together to get the game on track.. its really the easiest and most sustaining form of gambling around, and the guys running the show have figured out how to infiltrate the sport and ruin it in every way imaginable. its almost impossible to fathom that a video slot machine business does better than live racing.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most