Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 05:13 PM   #20
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenomics View Post
BTW here is the link to the whole renderings: https://franchiseoversightboard.ny.g...entfinal_0.pdf
Having read the whole document including Chapter 2 (Building Concept), a few observations follow.

[1] When I look at the grandstand, my first reaction was that the new Meadowlands grandstand was dropped into the middle of the Arlington grandstand. All white and a ton of glass.

[2] Like others, I was surprised that UBS Arena was built to maintain the Belmont Park identity yet the new architecture seems to ignore that point. I am not saying this is "bad" per se, but the theme that I thought was important to this development project seems to have been lost or was actually deemed to be not important at all.

[3] The plans label the "New Paddock" which is probably the last thing that I thought was broken.

[4] I sure would like to get a feel of the grandstand's angle relative to the track for sightlines. Also, it would be great to know whether EVERYONE will get visual access to the finish line.

[5] There are A LOT of dining venues being planned. Floor one, Specialty Dining and Apron Box Dining. Floor two, Track View Dining. Floor three, Flat Floor Dining and Tiered Dining Seating. Floor four, High End Dining and Suites (likely catered). What I had not considered is whether this new vision will be the dining option for UBS Arena activities that will keep these restaurants busy. This will take us right back to the racetrack pricing discussion and I hope beyond hope that all of this dining space is not wasted.

[6] The preliminary GANTT Chart shows "Ready for Belmont Stakes" on June 1st, 2026 ... and ... "Ready for Breeder's Cup" on October 1st, 2026.

Last edited by ScottJ; 03-06-2024 at 05:14 PM.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.