Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #46
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
probably the very best way to play these days if you are good at looking at the horses because they can talk loud and clear.
I've started doing contests. You have to totally change the way you play. Like, ignoring every horse that is less than 10-1. Or at least tossing the top three crowd choices.

Funny anecdote. I'm playing in a one day pick-and-pray* tournament with 12 races. 4 at AQU, 4 at LRL and 4 at KEE. A little more than halfway through I decide to check the leaderboard and one of the people in the top 10 just bet the 5 horse in every one of the 12 races. Most of the people spend hours trying to come up with a winner and this guy just picks a number and sits back to watch the fun. Life at the races is not fair.

*In case you didn't know, in a pick-and-pray tournament you turn in picks for all events before the first event and pray you got them right. No switching horses once you've turned in your picks. You pick one horse on top and an alternate in case of a late scratch. If the primary and alternate selections in a respective race both scratch after the start of the contest, you get the favorite.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)