Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #85
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Exactly. Many performances that are "visualy impressive" are not as good as they appear. It is useful to have a quantitative evaluation like speed and pace figures and then incorporate qualitative factors like trip, etc, to properly evaluate a performance.
The fact your statement reads "useful" rather than "necessary" makes me feel like we're not getting into a pissing match, which is definitely something I didn't want to get started with my initial post. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't peek at speed and pace numbers while advancing through the handicapping of a race. At the same time, any experienced replay watcher will more often than not know when the performance isn't as impressive as it may look. Being fooled by a "visually impressive" performance is really a rookie replay watcher mistake. There are many ways to evaluate a performance by taking-in the entire scenario as it unfolds around the turn or down the stretch.

Getting to the topic of the thread, seeing the stretch run will disclose a great deal to explain the beaten lengths to the place horse. There are many reasons a horse may finish 2nd by 4 lengths, and what that reason may be is very important in evaluating how that horse may perform in it's next race. I feel it's a very important question to ask, why/how this horse finished 2nd in it's last race. Very important.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.